The Theme: Escaping The City
The theme for my Drift was the idea of escaping the city. I wanted to replicate the feeling that I get living near a city as big as Milwaukee, and the constant ambient noise that is always lingering somewhere in the background, never allowing total silence to exist. I wanted to find locations where the industrial sounds and car sounds from the city are just lingering in the background with nature at the forefront, conveying the idea that you can never really escape it. I wanted to focus on the factory that is across the river from Riverview. The beeping and wailing sounds of the construction there are always making their way to my window, so frequently that at times they blend into the environment so well I forget they're there.
1. Drift Sound #1 "Bells" 6:45pm
Click here for the aiff.
Click here for the mp3.
Location:
Along the river that flows between Riverview and Cambridge
Map for Sound 1:"Bells"
2. Drift Sound #2 "Am I Gonna Be On Audio?" 5:00pm
Click here for the aiff.
Click here for the mp3.
Location:
Along the river that flow between Riverview and Cambridge in the opposite direction as "Bells"
Map for Sound 2: "Am I Gonna Be On Audio?"
3. Drift Sound #3 "The Geese" 11:07pm
Click here for the aiff.
Click here for the mp3.
Location:
Across the parking lot from Pick n' Save by Riverview, down the stairs and across the bridge
Map for Sound 3: "The Geese"
No comments:
Post a Comment